ELEGANT® QST Bars
Process of making Structural
ELEGANT® QST is produced in the state-of-art, high speed rolling mill, which is technically one of the best of its kind in Eastern & Northern India.
Our own, C-15 & C-20 billets are used as the primary raw materials. All the product are IS approved and produced under the excellent quality super vision system of highest standards. Followed by stringent quality testing in its own laboratory which conducts chemical by SPECTRO analyzer (for chemical testing) as well as 100 Tone UTM (for physical testing). Then the product is sent to the market for customer’s use.
- Superior Quality
- ELEGANT® QST bars are produced in a high speed rolling mill, which is technically one of its kind in Eastern & Northern India. C-15 & C-20 Billets tested in-house are used as the primary raw materials.
- Corrosion Resistant
- With chemical composition as per IS-1786, ELEGANT® QST bar is produced through Quenching & Self Tempering process (QST) and not by cold twisting, which is the usual process followed by most manufacturers. Therefore, there are no torsional residual stresses in the bar.
- Seismic Resistant
- High elongation and ductility has given ELEGANT® QST bar high resistance to seismic activities, which allows it to prevail for years even in earthquake zones 4 & 5.
- It is specially manufactured involving ‘Belgium Tempcore’ technology to attain high bend quality due to high elongation.
- Very low carbon content increases weldability of the bar, without compromising on strength at the joints.
- Fire Resistant
- ELEGANT® QST bars can withstand high temperature of the range 500°C - 600°C, ensuring fire safety and providing their advantage over HSD bars. The bars can resist huge amount of load stress because of their surface layer. This is a major advantage of using these bars.
- The bar is specially designed to ensure excellent bond strength between the bar and the surrounding concrete.
- Excellent Strength
- For both Fe 415 and Fe 500 ELEGANT® QST bars are 40% - 44% stronger compared to regular HSD Steel Bars.
- Saving in Steel
- Due to excellent strength of ELEGANT® QST bars, it requires 12% -14% less quantity than ordinary HSD bars or rounds for any kind of construction.